They were tough times, the days when swords and magic still ruled the
world. A long, destructive war had ended, and the entire continent had
been unified. Before the empire's subjects had even come to know peace,
however, their great emperor fell victim to disease, having never
declared a successor...
We must not return to that war-torn world! Thankfully you are an influential figure in the empire. Quickly lay claim to the throne and ensure the rock-solid unity and peace of the continent. Though the emperor had no son, there are seven candidates for succession, starting with the two lineal princesses. Now, let's get your favorite princess on the emperor's throne! Garner support from all over the country, clash with rival candidates and depend on your special skill!
Heart of Crown is a deck-building card game. Each player starts with the same deck, strengthens that deck with strategic cards, and finally one player will declare victory by throning the princess he controls. Each player's deck starts with seven "Rural" territory cards and three "Apprentice Handmaid" succession cards (an unreliable subject). Using the currency (coins) generated by your "Rural" territory cards, you incorporate cards from the market into your deck according to your own strategy.
Each player's main goal is to give the princess he's fielded the throne. First, collect stronger territory cards such as "City" and "Metropolis" to increase your coins, and declare fielding a princess using these coins. There are five princesses and one set of twin princesses, totaling six princess cards. Each princess has special support abilities, but with only one of each, you need to be quick to field the right princess and get the support you need!
For your princess to take the throne, you must collect Succession Points, which represent the support of your loyal subjects and influential figures in the empire. Once you control 20 Succession Points, you may declare a coronation. Your opponents get one more turn to interrupt your coronation, but if your points remain at or above 20 by your next turn, the coronation succeeds and your princess takes the throne!
The Far East Territory expansion requires the base game to be played and may be integrated with other Heart of Crown expansions.
The set contains 61 cards:
1 new Princess Card: Ouka, Far East Mathematician Princess
12 new types of Common Card (5 of each type)
Some notable cards....
- Greedy Fairy (lets you stockpile coin counters, and also move counters around between different types, eg 2 gold -> 1 succession point)
- Taxation (lets you put a taxation token (new token type) on a card in the market to increase the cost to buy it until the stack in the market is sold out - can really mess other player's strategies!)
- Apprentice Witch (gives players without a curse card in hand or top of deck, a curse card, then lets you draw two cards and keep one)
- Samurai (removes a cost 4-5 card from opponents hands and they're put aside until the next time they have to reshuffle their discards to create a new deck, can also ruin someone's strategy quite nicely)
- Kunoichi (defense card that can block an attack, but also can clone herself into any card in an opponent's keep and acts as if she's that card, taking advantage of another player's keep strategy)
- Mining Town (gains you Ore tokens when purchased, which when you play the card can be used to get free cards up to cost 5 from the market)
Heart of Crown + Expansion - EN
- Product Code: JPG150
- Reward Points: 5
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: 41.32€
- Price in reward points: 500